Errors shows up on your computer for plenty of reasons: failure to load a file on a disk which is full, while trying to close a program which is not functioning properly, due to some virus, etc. Almost all computer users will encounter errors in their computer and it is quite normal, but encountering too many errors will certainly annoy computer users and might not let them perform their tasks properly.
There are many ways to fix computer errors but all of them starts with finding the source of the error and fixing it there. In this article, I have written an easy and quick way to fix computer errors using 6 steps. Lets take a look at them!
6 Easy Steps To Fix Computer Errors:
1) Taking Backup: Before attempting to repair your computer for fixing errors, it is important to take full backup of your personal data using an external hard disk drive. The reason for doing this is, if your computer’s hard disk gets crashed while we try to repair we can always use the backup to restore your personal data after installing operating system again.
2) Finding Out The Cause For Error: The next step is finding out the root cause of the error. See whether the error message is showing up while you are performing a task on a certain program. If that’s the case find out which version of the program you are using and cross check it with the program’s website for availability of new versions. If there is one, update it on your computer and check whether the error is appearing again. If it does, note down what the program is trying to do when the error shows up.
3) Removing Threats Using Anti-Virus: Most of the times, errors shows up on your computer because of viruses. So whenever you see an error pop up on your computer screen, perform a full system scan using popular anti-virus tools like Norton, Eset Smart Security, etc. These antivirus programs will quarantine all the virus threats and in most cases, doing this will fix computer errors.
4) Searching The Web For Solutions: Since almost all users get errors in their computer, some of them might have found a solution and posted it somewhere online as a reference. All we have to do is, do a Google search using the exact error name and find the solution for the error.
5) Contacting Technical Support: If you can’t fix the error in your computer, even after using antivirus and using solutions posted by other users on the web then its best to contact technical support of the program in which the error appears. Since the technical support guys only job is to help their customers, they will fix the error in no time.
6) Reinstalling Operating System: Using the above steps will help you to fix computer errors most of the times. But if it doesn’t work, then the only way to fix errors is by reinstalling the operating system manually. By doing this, you can completely eliminate all the problematic files thereby fixing all the errors.
Also Read: 6 Best Antivirus For PC And Laptop Of 2014.
This is my favorite way to fix computer errors and as I have mentioned before, it involves just six steps. If you have any other useful way for fixing computer errors in your mind, enlighten me by sharing it here using the comments section below.